Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on July 17th 2017
Federation Sports Day 2017
On Thursday 13th July, our students joined over 10,000 other Harris students from across London for the tenth annual Harris Federation Sports Day at Crystal Palace National Sports Arena.
Also in attendance was our sponsor, Lord Harris of Peckham, CEO of the Federation Sir Dan Moynihan and several GB athletes, who were all on hand to award medals throughout the day.
Unfortunately, Purley was unable to win the overall Boys trophy or Girls trophy this year, but we did have some notable finishes:
- Misheel Suvd - 1st - Year 9 300m (43.98s)
- Ellie-Mae Thomas - 1st - Year 7 High Jump (1.3m)
- Marita Kowalska - 2nd - Year 8 Shot Putt (6.95m)
- Caitlin Eals - 3rd - Year 9 High Jump (1.24m)
- Sian Edwards - 2nd - Year 9 Triple Jump (8.91m)
- Psalm Finnigan - 2nd - Year 9 200m (27.35s)
- Purley - 3rd - Year 9 Relay (54.94s)
Misheel was awarded Best Year 9 Female Athlete for having competed in multiple events and for winning her 300m race. Ellie-Mae was awarded Best Year 7 Athlete for her exceptional performance in the High Jump, 10cm off the Federation record for Year 7.
- Kallum Ohene - 2nd - Year 8 200m (23.9s)
- Damani Mauge - 1st - Year 9 200m (23.9s)
- Abidemi Lawal - 3rd - Year 7 800m (2.35)
- Joachim Bambury - 1st - Year 8 800m (2.113)
- Khenex Sabatchi - 2nd - Year 9 Javelin (32.01m)
- Abdullah Mcdonald - 1st - Year 8 Long Jump (5.19m)
- Matthew Amoah Larbi - 3rd - Year 10 Triple Jump (10.69m)
- Purley - 2nd - Year 8 Relay (49.36)
Joachim broke the 800m Federation record by a massive 12 seconds!