Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Teaching and Learning Team
The Teaching and Learning Team is led by Mr Matt Childs, Assistant Principal responsible for Teaching, Learning and CPD. The team consists of four Lead Practitioners:
The main aims of the Teaching and Learning Team are to:
- Support all teaching staff across the academy;
- Deliver subject-specific CPD sessions in their ‘home’ subject;
- Deliver CPD sessions outside their ‘home’ subject, sharing good practice and innovative pedagogy;
- Deliver ‘Cluster’ CPD sessions each half-term which staff sign up to depending on their needs;
- Work with all trainee teachers (School Direct, TeachFirst, OTT) and NQTs either as a mentor or supporting when needed;
- Complete lesson observations, learning walks and book looks as part of the academy MER process – providing formative feedback with strategies to help staff improve their practice and maximise impact;
- Work with teachers who are on the ‘Boost’ support programme;
- Support teaching staff with their Action Research projects;
- Run a whole-academy initiative for 2016-2017 – which is the basis of their own Action Research projects.
For more information, please contact Mr Childs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8681 1141 ext. 3120