Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Key Stage 4 Results for 2018-19
- Progress 8 score: -0.10
- Attainment 8 Score Average: 4.2
- Percentage of students with a grade 5+ in English and Maths: 34%
- Percentage of students with a grade 4+ in English and Maths: 57%
- Percentage of students entered for the EBACC: 81%
- Percentage of students achieving the EBACC at grade 5+%: 14%
- Percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4: 97%
GCSE success at Harris Academy Purley
Harris Academy Purley is celebrating a strong set of GCSE results.
- 65% of students achieved at least five GCSEs including English and maths. Under the new system, passes are marked on a scale of Grade 9 (equivalent to an A**) to Grade 4 (equivalent to a C)
- 17% of grades were 7 - 9
- 70% of students achieved grade 4s or higher in English and also in Maths
Notable individual successes included our top performing boys include:
- Akash achieved 3 grade 9s in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, as well as grade 8s in English, History and Maths
- Sajid achieved grade 9s in Chemistry, Economics and English as well as grade 8s in History, Physics, Maths and Biology.
Our top performing girls included:
- Shardaé achieved grade 9s in Biology and English with grade 8s in Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Geography
- Theilooksha achieved a grade 9 in biology and grade 8s in Maths, Physics, Geography, English, Computer Science and Chemistry
Harris Academy Purley Principal, Phillip Wheatley, said:
Despite tougher standards this year, students have achieved fantastically well. They have been working hard towards these examinations for a long time and deserve to feel incredibly proud of their results.
A good set of GCSEs gives students the basis they need to thrive in sixth form and at university and I am looking forward to following the progress of all those collecting results today.
May I also thank parents and staff for their unwavering support and determination, which has helped to make today such a cause for celebration.”
Department For Education
The data regarding our performance is available on the DFE website via the link below:
There are currently no documents under this category.