Student Voice is a group of students who act as the official voice of the student body.
The members are annually elected by their peers to attend regular meetings with our leadership team, where they can raise concerns and suggest improvements to aspects of academy life.
Prefects work in faculty leadership teams, with each faculty nominating and voting for:
- Faculty President: Oversees and chairs student faculty leadership meetings
- Faculty Vice-President: Minutes student faculty leadership meetings and deputises for the faculty president when required
- Inter-faculty Events Co-ordinator: Leads on inter-faculty events and ensures that all inter-faculty events are well represented
- Faculty Fundraising Lead: Leads on the planning and organising of fundraising events and liaises with staff in the planning of these events
- Faculty Representatives: Supports their faculty with inter-faculty events, fundraising events, actively contributes to student faculty leadership meetings, represents their faculty peers in these meetings and plays an active role in the wider academy life.
Each faculty groups are working towards meeting three objectives this year:
- Fulfil faculty student leadership teams
- Promote and run inter-faculty events
- Organise and lead on a fundraising event
Student leadership stands out in college and university applications. It demonstrates responsibility, maturity and an ability to communicate ideas. Students will develop a range of skills and gain a wealth of knowledge by participating in the Student Voice programme.
When appointed as a prefect, students are rewarded with bespoke uniform and special consideration in events and activities around the academy.
There are currently no documents under this category.