Given that one of the aims of the Sixth Form provision is to prepare our students for what follows after their secondary educational experience, careers advice and guidance are an integral part of our offer.
In order to prepare students for professional life and the world of work, students will have access a wide range of opportunities.
- Careers advice is high-quality, up-to-date and locally relevant. Subjects provide opportunities for good quality, meaningful encounters with the world of work.
- Students are provided with regular and meaningful links with higher education and professions.
- A complementary programme of masterclasses and lectures from the world of work and industry is delivered throughout the academic year.
- The enrichment programme and co-curricular opportunities offer breadth and depth and allow students to engage with experiences beyond their usual interests.
- Alongside the established careers programme, there are regular opportunities to meet the Federation Careers Advisor.
- Financial health and financial planning sessions are delivered in order to prepare students for independent living.